Home Page

Snow Arrangements

School Closure - Friday 2nd March 2018

Dear Parents/Carers,

After careful consideration and by liaising between Daylesford Infants, Lyndon and other local schools, we have decided to close the School tomorrow (Friday 2nd March), in order to ensure the safety and security of all children, parents and staff. We look forward to welcoming children back on Monday. Stay safe and have a good weekend.


(updated:- 01.03.18  21:16)


SNOW UPDATE: 12.12.17 - 14:30

Dear Parents/ Carers 
School will definitely be OPEN tomorrow Wednesday December 13th . Please arrive in good time for the pantomime coaches which will be leaving from 8.45 am onwards. Please ensure that the children have a change of footwear and a spare pair of socks in addition to the footwear they  may walk to school in. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!


SNOW UPDATE: 12.12.17 - 11:00

Dear Parents/ Carers, 
We fully anticipate that School will be OPEN Wednesday December 13th. The PANTOMIME WILL GO AHEAD as planned! We have checked with the coach companies and all will be fine for tomorrow. The coaches will arrive at school at 8. 45 am so PLEASE BE ON TIME as we cannot wait for late comers! I will put an ABSOLUTE decision about opening tomorrow through parent mail and the website  etc at 3.30 pm, but I am fully anticipating opening tomorrow and going to the pantomime as planned. It is highly unlikely that this decision will change. Thank you all for your patience . 


SNOW UPDATE: 11.12.17 - 15:45

Owing to continuing freezing temperatures and out of safety concerns for pupils and staff, local heads have decided to remain CLOSED tomorrow Tuesday December 12th. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please check the website for updates tomorrow. To re-iterate CHAPEL FIELDS will be closed tomorrow Tuesday December 12th.


SNOW UPDATE: 11.12.17 - 13:45

All local Head Teachers will make a decision about school opening or closing tomorrow (12.12.17) at approx 3.00 p.m. Please continue to check the school website and twitter page for updates. Thank you.


SNOW UPDATE: 10.12.17 - 14:30

Dear Parents/Carers,

Given the Met Office Amber weather warning, police advice to minimise travel, the likelihood of treacherous road conditions, and the possibility of not being able to provide an adequate level of staffing for our children's safety, it is with much regret that we have collectively decided as a group of local schools to CLOSE TOMORROW - Monday December 11th.

   We will continue to update you about Tuesday. Both the Christmas concerts will be postponed - the Upper school one tomorrow, and the Lower school one on Tuesday. We will let you know new dates as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Please continue to check the school website about the status of school opening or closure on Tuesday.


SNOW UPDATE: 10.12.17 - 13:00 

Dear Parents/Carers,

Mrs Rogers is still consulting with other local Head Teachers about whether the school will be open or closed tomorrow. In order to give everyone time to make child care arrangements a decision will be made at 3:30 p.m. Please check the website.


SNOW UPDATE: 10.12.17 - 11:00 a.m.

Dear Parents/Carers,

               Mrs Rogers and all local Head Teachers are liaising about the weather and a decision will be made about opening or closing as soon as possible to allow everyone to make plans accordingly.


In the event of snow, you will be able to find more information from the sources outlined below. 

 Also keep an eye on the @CFJS1 twitter account and parentmail.

Look on our own Website

Check Solihull MBC Website
Or twitter or facebook

 Tune in to local radio stations
who will broadcast information about which schools are closed:

BRMB 96.4 FM – 6am onwards
XTRA AM 1152 AM – 6am onwards
HEART FM 100.7 FM – 6am onwards
RADIO WM 95.6 FM – 6am onwards

 Or Local TV
GMTV ITV – 5am onwards

 Phone Solihull Connect
0121 704 6000
Open at 8.15am but a pre-recorded message will be posted prior to this if all schools are closed


3 1 3 4 0 Visits